Mary from Pitner's Potpourri tagged me in a "get to know your blogging friends" chain. Meeting people has been one of the best parts of blogging.
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create twelve new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them in your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them.
12 Facts About Myself:I am going to cheat a little here. Check out my post "7 Things You Don't Need to Know About Me" for the first seven facts. Here are the rest:
*This is my first year to work with preschool - 3rd grade students after working with middle school student for nine years.
*McDonald's french fries are my number one fast food weakness.
*I would rather read young adult fiction rather than adult fiction.
*I can't wait until the Hunger Games movie comes out in March. I am on a countdown. I will be there at midnight to see it.
*Teaching first grade has been a very reward experience. They learn in leaps and bounds.
12 Questions from Mary:
1. What's your easiest thing about teaching this year?
Working with a fantastic group of teachers in my K-3 hallway. Without them, I would not be making it through this year.
2. What's the hardest thing about teaching this year?
My administrative duties.
3. What is a professional book you recommend to everyone you work with?
Strategies that Work by Stephanie Harvey and Anne Goudvis
4. What is a new idea you have tried this year that has really worked?
4-Square Writing to help my students organize their writing and stay on topic.
5. What book character do you most want to be like?
This one is hard. Katniss from Hunger Games. She does everything she knows how to protect her family.
6. What is your favorite book or author to read aloud to your class?
I love to read aloud Mo Willems books to my first graders. When I taught middle school, my favorite was The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan.
7. What treat or pick me up do you keep hidden in your desk at school?
8. What one new thing do you want to try on your blog?
guest blogging - I want to guest blog (and I am next month) and I would like others to guest blog here (just not sure how to go about doing it).
9. What do you do on snow days?
My couch and I become best friends as I catch up on tv and travel through blogland.
10. What time do you get up on school days?
11. What is your favorite thing to Pin?
12. What is the last movie you saw?
Rewatched Twilight this weekend
12 New Questions:1. Which do you prefer picture books or chapter books as read alouds?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. What has been the best moment of this year (school or personal)?
4. What do you do to unwind, take a breather, from school-related stuff?
5. Class pet...yes or no? Why or why not?
6. What advice would you give to a new blogger?
Here I go breaking the rules again. :) Supposed to be twelve questions, but I know we are all busy people.
TAG! YOUR IT!