Friday, January 29, 2010

How the author "built" the text....

As I was getting caught up on the blogs that I follow, I found this tidbit.  I really like how she describes nonfiction text structure in a way that kids can easily follow.

Recently, I have worked with kids a lot on nonfiction text structure. We talk about how the author "built" the text-- whether it is a house (all about one thing), a duplex or triplex (comparing several different things) or an apartment (a little bit of information about a whole bunch of different but related topics (e.g. all about bears, with one page devoted to grizzlies, and one page devoted to polar bears, and one page devoted to brown bears).
---Blog:  Carol's Corner (January 26)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Let's start a conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...