Thursday, March 4, 2010

Slice of Life Challenge - Day 4

The alarm goes off and I struggle to find the snooze button.  It is still going off because I am too blurry-eyed to shut it off.  Finally, silence and I drift back to sleep.  I awake again to the horrendous noise of the alarm.  This time my cat is curled up next to me purring away.  I smile and find the snooze button.  I pet the cat as I contemplate crawling out from under the heating blanket (a wonderful invention).  "It will be cold," my brain is telling me, but I know that I must get up.  I pet the cat and think ahead to my day.  I turn off the alarm and brave the cold, long enough to turn the heat up.  My cat follows me around in hopes of being feed before I take a shower.  No luck!  I have a routine and must stick to it.  The morning is a calm time before the busyness of the school day proceeds.  Besides the getting up at the crack of dawn, it is one of my favorite times of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Let's start a conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...