Monday, March 1, 2010

Slice of Life - Day 1

Begin and end in laughter....
I have a really long drive to work every morning - an hour and a half.  Sometimes that is good a thing because I am able to plan my day and organize in my head what needs to be completed first.  On other days, it is a real pain because I am tired by the time I get to work.  Today was a pain.  I was tired and ready to go home halfway to work.  I wasn't excited to see the teachers I work with or my students.  Five minutes before I pull into the parking lot at school, I hear a story on the radio that makes me laugh out loud.  Suddenly I am ready for the day.  Just like that.  I feel rejuvenated and ready to teach my students and work with my teachers.  The day was pretty typical with just a few downturns.  However, at the end, all the sixth and seventh grade teachers were standing in the hall talking and laughing.  I feel that we have really bonded as a team this year, which makes us all stronger teachers because we have multiple people we can rely on in the tough times and laugh with in the good times.  I want to start and end every day with laughter.  It does a body good.

3 comments:

  1. So very true -- a good laugh is good for the soul. Thanks for sharing your slice.
    Happy writing,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! It's amazing how a supportive team can make such a difference in one's workday! Enjoyed your "slice"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a solid team to work with is so important ... as are those good laughs that energize us throughout the day!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Let's start a conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...