Sunday, April 1, 2012

Favorite Things Sunday


Glad that you have joined me!  Every Sunday I share some of the best ideas I have found throughout the week.


Directional Signs
My hunt began on Pinterest when I saw a picture of a directional sign post (this city in ___ miles kinda thing) for book settings.  Trying to trace it back to its original owner was not successful because it ended up on tumblr, which led me nowhere.  However, I found some great ideas along the way.  First stop, The Adventures of a Library Girl - She posts a picture of her directional sign posts with stops like Neverland, Camp Halfblood, Ember and Panem (pictured below).  I have been to all of these except for Ember, which is on to read list.  Click on the picture to be taken to her post for directions on how she created her signs.

Photo used with permission from The Adventures of Library Girl

She got the idea from The Eliterate Librarian who created a sign post with some of the stops being Naria, District 13, Forks, and Lorien (pictured below).  I have been to all of these, great books all.  Click on the picture to be taken to her post for directions on how to recreate.  She got the idea from a Pinterest page of a fellow librarian - Library Displays/Decor.  From there, it goes to Sunsurfer on tumblr, which is a dead end.

Photo used with permission from Eliterate Librarian


Mini Chart Stand
A Modern Teacher shared a great idea that I plan to use at my guided reading table - a mini chart stand.  She took a plain clipboard and turned it into a chart stand for under $5.00.  Fabulous!  Check out how she did it and see the pictures of the final product by clicking on her blog button below.  You will be taken to the exact post.




A Modern Teacher



I hope you have enjoyed "A Few of My Favorite Things" and come back each Sunday to see what other fabulous finds I have gathered for your enjoyment and to add to your resources.

5 comments:

  1. I'm a school librarian and LOVE your post! I'm already following you... but have now added some more great blogs to my list. Thanks for posting!

    Addie
    http://e-literatelibrarian.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana, I love your Favorite Things Sunday. I'll be back next week. I'm guessing you just saved me a billion hours in blog stalking.
    Barb
    itsabouttimeteachers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Addie - I am glad that you were able to find more great blogs to follow!

    Barb - Thank you! I hope that you will continue to find good things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jana!

    Just found your blog! I am a member of TBTS too! LOVE your fun idea for "a few of my favorite things!" I am always finding wonderful ideas on pinterest and other blogs and I liked that you dedicate a day to sharing them! I have seen a couple other people do similar things too and it makes me want to come up with some cute special day of the week sharing thing on my blog as well! I'll have to start thinking about that! So glad I found your blog! I am a new follower!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly - Thanks for being a new follower! How about something like "Don't Want to Miss Wednesday" to share?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Let's start a conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...