Monday, April 30, 2012

Favorite Things Sunday


Glad that you have joined me!  Every Sunday I share some of the best ideas I have found throughout the week. 

Anchor Charts
Anchor charts are staple in my classroom. I use them to summarize our learning for the lesson. My students continue to use them as reminders of what we have learned. Mrs. M and Ladybug's Teacher Files are hosting linky parties to showcase how you use anchor charts. For grades K-2, see Mrs. M. For grades 3-6, see Ladybug's Teacher Files.

 
(grades K-2)




(grades 3-6)





Craft
Do you use The Sister's Cafe?  If you do, I found this wonderful bulletin board set from Ladybug's Teacher Files.  She adapted CAFE to meet her students' needs and called it CRAFT:  comprehension, response to text, accuracy, fluency, and text features/elements.  To get your FREE bulletin board set, click her blog button below.  The set even includes a PowerPoint of the lined paper she uses, so you can type in your own information to put under the headers.







Student Data Binders
Hilary from Rockin' Teacher Materials shared how she uses data binders with her students.  She shares examples from her students' notebooks and downloadable files so you can implement data binders in your classroom.  Just click on her blog button below to be taken to her post.




Photobucket




I hope you have enjoyed "A Few of My Favorite Things" and come back each Sunday to see what other fabulous finds I have gathered for your enjoyment and to add to your resources.

Thank you to all my readers who stayed with me after my absence.  Life (especially work) got really hectic in the last few weeks.   I can't wait to share with you what we have been doing in my classroom.  You got the first glimpse in my Crafting Sentences post.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing!! I'm going to check out the anchor charts and assessment binders!
    Connie:)
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Let's start a conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...