Monday, December 31, 2012

Currently January

If you are a frequent reader, you know how much I love Farley's Currently party.  I wish I had my own classroom because I would so buy her Currently for the Classroom to use with my students.  If you haven't seen it, you need to check it out HERE.  I know today is still December, but I am posting early (yay! I am on the ball for once!).

 

I am not listening to Gamechanger by choice.  In my household, Saban is the devil.  BUT my husband got it for Christmas and wants to watch it for reasons I cannot fathom.  I am seriously LOVING, dare I say puffy heart loving, Christmas break.  While I have thought about school some, I have really taken time off.  I needed it.  I have spent the time reading, reading, and reading some more.  I am caught up on my Google Reader.  I have read books that I have been wanting to read all year.  It has be WONDERFUL!!!!

I have finally come to terms with the fact that I am probably not going to be able to have my own little one, so my husband and I are starting to look into process of adoption, which leads me to my OLW: balance.  I need to find a better balance between my school life and every day life.  Right now, work takes all of my time.  I have a very understanding husband, but I need to get my house in order if we are going to adopt.  I need to find a better balance, where family time takes precedence.  I LOVE my job, but I am getting burned out with spending twenty-fours a day working or worrying about work or thinking about work.  So, I am going to try to find a balance.

Make sure to go check out what everyone else is up to at Farley's place.


9 comments:

  1. Hi Jana,
    I just stopped by to wish you Happy New Year. I hope and pray your adoption plans go well. It is quite a process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary! We are just in the research phase on what it is going to take. We could use all the prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, we have the same OLW! Oh, how I understand! Happy New Year to you, my friend!
    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother and his wife are in your same situation! My thoughts are with you. Balance sounds good. Have a Happy New Year and I hope your dreams come true.

    My Journey to 5th Grade

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Great OLW! I swear I almost did that one as mine as well, but alas, I chose mindfulness. I feel like it encompasses that.

    Cheers!
    Rae

    ReplyDelete
  6. That OLW is so hard! It's the one I've chosen, too!
    Praying for your adoption dreams coming true!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your terrific blog through Currently and I am your newest follower! I'm an adoptee and am always thankful that I ended up with such wonderful, loving parents. My mom always told me I wasn't expected, I was selected! I hope your adoption dreams come true!
    Teacher Gone Digital

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also loving Christmas break! I wish it was longer...but alas we all have to go influence and teach the youngsters at some point ;) hee hee

    I am wishing you a wonderful new year...with a special hope that your path leads you right to a new little one in your home this year!

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am your newest follower and so glad I found your blog! I love your OLW...I need to do a better job at finding balance in 2013! Great post!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Let's start a conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...