Monday, June 30, 2014

July Currently

Well, I haven't got my act together in a long time in order to join Farley's Currently linky.  So excited that I am getting it posted early!



My husband currently has control of the remote and is catching up on all of the YouTube channels that he is subscribed to, which means that I watching a blacksmithish show about creating weapons from video games, television, and movies.  It is actually pretty interesting as long as I know a little about the game or show.  However, I think he may be going deaf (he's only 35) because I am pretty sure I could go in the living room and hear the television in the bedroom perfectly fine.  I may get him hearing aids for his birthday.

Summer break!  I don't think I really have to explain that one.  :)

I am participating in some pretty great book studies this summer.  I just posted my contribution to the Notice & Note book study (close reading strategies).  I am super excited to be in planning stages for a book study on Barbara Gruener's new book What's Under Your Cape.  I ordered the book from her site and she signed it!  I will get the book Wednesday or Thursday.  EXCITED!!!

I am changing jobs, which means that I need to find a new daycare for my daughter.  Sadface!  I love my daycare but it is not in the city where I lived (it was where I used to work).  It is not easy to find a good daycare.  We are on the waiting list, but I need one now not whenever we are next on the list.  It is a little stressful.  I have to go back to work on August 4.  I don't know what we are going to do if it isn't our turn yet.

Good news!  I love the Independence Day holiday!  We always visit my sister-in-law in Chattanooga and it always a ton of fun.  I hope everyone has a fantastic Fourth of July weekend (for my USA readers)!

Click on the button below to check out what everyone else is CURRENTLY doing.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're loving summer break! Good luck finding a new daycare for your daughter, sounds like a job in itself. Have fun in Chattanooga!!!

    -Cailtyn
    Fourth Grade Lemonade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daycare is so stressful! I hope you find something soon! I love reading over the summer . . . besides the ones you mentioned, any other good ones?

    What I Have Learned

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new job! One of my friends at work just had a baby and now she's looking for daycare. It's such a difficult decision.
    Artistry of Education

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog design! It looks like an awesome scrapbook page! I'm big on scrapping, so I notice things like that, even if they have absolutely nothing to do with scrapping! lol! I just wanted to say that you have a great design!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Let's start a conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...