Saturday, January 22, 2011

Avatars

The advanced week 4 challenge asked bloggers to look at their current avatar, create a new one with a different tool, and then discuss avatars and how each bloggers' avatar relates to them.

Since I am a beginner, I just created my first avatar using Reasonable Clever's Mini Mixer.  Playing with Legos as a kid was fun...even as an adult I like to create a new something out of all the blocks.  Now I am a Lego.

This avatar is not a bad representation of me.  Reading is my passion, so I had to have a book in my hand.  My husband convinced me that I "needed" an ipad and I fell in love with that, so I had to put that in my other hand.  My favorite aspect of the ipad is that I can use ibooks, kindle, and the nook app all on one device.  I have books in each and it was a relief to get them all in one place (like Google Reader does for my blog posts).  If it weren't for my contacts, I would be blind as bat (but without the great echo location). 

Then as I read through the advanced challenge comments, I had to try the Wimpy Kid avatar maker shared by jeeyoung at Teach to Inspire.  The Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series books are constantly check out of the school library and individual teachers' libraries.  And here I am wimpified:
I can't wait to share this with my literacy teachers and their students.  They will all want to try it out.

Avatars are a fun way to represent yourself!  I am usually the one taking pictures so I don't have to have my picture taken.  As much as I love books, I hate having my picture taken in equal measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Let's start a conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...