The activity for week 4 of the Kick Start Your Blogging involves learning about RSS feeds, readers, and avatars. As a beginner, I feel a little more comfortable with RSS feeds and readers. I have been using Google Reader for quite some time now. I love that all the blogs I wish to stay updated on are gathered for me in one place. Instead of having to go from site to site to check for new posts, I can open Google Reader and 'presto' everything is there. I even have most of the blogs I follow arranged in folders:
- Crazy: Lolcats, FAIL blog, IMMD, Very Demotivational
- Food: Dining with Monkeys and Tasty Kitchen
- Reading: A Year of Reading and Carol's Corner
- School: odds and ends that are school related like PrincipalsPage, It's Not All Flowers and Sausage
- Technology: Free Technology for Teachers
I just can't say enough how much I HEART Google Reader. If it weren't for all the wonderful blogs out there, I wouldn't have been inspired to start my own and revitalize it with this Teacher Challenge. Teachers are the most wonderful group of people because they share their ideas with everyone.
Image: From Flickr Creative Commons- Filiph