I am hoping to stay committed to the 30 Day Blogging Teacher Challenge, I am working through activity two, which asks us to write about seven things you don't need to know about me.
1. I am owned by an old (23 year old) lazy cat who greets me in the morning with a very loud meow letting me know that my first duty is to feed her. She believes that I should feed her whether she has food or not. If she can see the bottom of her bowl (even if it a tiny spot), then she doesn't have enough food. I have tried to just shake the bowl in an effort to cover the spot. However, she just looks at me with a "I'm smarter than that" look and I put more food in her bowl. Then to show me she is definitely the boss, she takes two bites and leaves the kitchen.
2. I love to watch the Razorbacks play football. I didn't start off a fan, but my husband convinced me to buy season tickets three years ago and I haven't looked back. This was a hard year for me because we decided not to buy season tickets. It was really hard to watch most of the games on TV. I wanted to be there cheering them on through the good, the bad, and the ugly. If the Sugar Bowl wasn't right after the end Christmas vacation, I believe I would have found a way to buy tickets. We will be purchasing tickets for the upcoming season.
3. I can't live without drinking at least one Dr. Pepper each day. I know, I know...it's a bad habit. I have been working on cutting back though.
4. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love all the decorations, putting up a Christmas tree, and giving presents to others. I even have a stocking for my cat.
5. Going to Walt Disney World was my favorite vacation of ALL time. It really is the happiest place on Earth. I even got a picture with my favorite character, Tigger. My husband hates crowds but loves me, so he took me for my first ever visit when I turned 27. Animal Kingdom Lodge had the best safari and dinner package...worth every penny. The animals for within inches of the safari truck.
6. I am married to wonderful man who indulges my vice of buying books. I have no children, but love to read and buy picture books. They are great to use in the middle school classroom as short mentor texts and they are fun to read. Mo Willems is my favorite author/illustrator. Since I work with middle school students, I own a ton of young adult chapter books. I have many favorite authors: Rick Riordan, J.K. Rowling, Suzanne Collins, and the list goes on and on.
7. I can't cook very well, but I love, love to watch the Food Network. Iron Chef America is one of my favorite shows.
#PicCollageChat Shares for Math
22 hours ago