Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Small Moments make me Smile :)


Today was World Read Aloud day.  I had the privilege of reading a short story in a new book I got during the last book fair to a group of seventh graders.  I read "Perpetual Pest" by Neal Shusterman from the book Bites: Scary Stories to Sink Your Teeth Into.  I had the students attention throughout the story.  They were laughing, oohing, and making fun of the character at one point.  In short, they were engaged.  I was having a blast.  When I finished the story, I asked who would like to read the rest of the book and ten hands went in the air.  I was thrilled!  The teacher drew names to decide who would get the book now and to determine the order of the waiting list.  A waiting list!

1 comment:

  1. It is so rewarding to hook students on a book. Your story describes it well.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Let's start a conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...