Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pinterest Obsession



I have a confession to make.  I have a new obsession...Pinterest.  I have been blogstalking (future blog post) and pinning instead of blogging myself.  Then I saw these two Linky Parties:  Plumdoodles and Michelle's Math in the Middle.  Duh! I should blog about pinning!

On Pinterest's About page:
"Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.  Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests."

My problem before Pinterest:   I found great resources, images, printables, and ideas while reading blogs.  However, I had no easy way to organize them for reference later.  I bookmarked favorite blog posts but couldn't always remember exactly what I was looking for.

Now, no problem.  I put a "Pin it" button on my toolboor and with one click I have the resource saved to one of my boards.

Here are three of my boards (clicking on the board takes you there):




I have just started pinning, so I am going to divide my school board into math, science, reading, and writing.

Pinterest is by invitation only right now, but I would be glad to invite you.  Just leave a comment with your email address in it.  If you are already pinning, I would love for you to leave a comment because I am always looking for new people to follow.

Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!!!! I am so glad you posted this. What a great, useful, fun tool. I can't wait to share it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. I think Pinterest is a great companion for a blogger and teacher.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Let's start a conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...