Thursday, March 15, 2012

Rambling



Today was a weird day.  I got a lot done at school, but I felt like I was going in circles and not really accomplishing anything.  Is it because there is only one more day before Spring Break?  Is it because I have a ton of things that need to be done but don't know where to start?  I really just felt out of sorts.  Ever have days like that?

Right now I am working on a lesson plan for my first graders to help them write a complete sentence.  We have been working on a 4-square (we call it 5 square) graphic organizer for weeeeeks.  Now it is time to take what we have in our organizer and write a paragraph.  Half my class decided this meant to copy exactly what was in organizer on to the paper.  Half the class wrote half way decent sentences.  Problem - not enough modeling and guided practice.  Tomorrow we are going to work on it one sentence at a time.  I will post my lesson plan and the organizers I created (with the help of some wonderful teacher bloggers out there) to make writing sentences a more concrete process.  I will share some pictures of the students working also.   Tomorrow is also one of my evaluations for the year.  This one is completed by the principal.  2:00 pm on Friday, the last day before Spring Break. Whew! I told him that it would be fine though.  I can do this.  The kids can do this.  I will just keep telling myself this.

Did you see the mention of Spring Break? Yes, it starts on Monday!!!! I love my school.  I love my teachers.  I love my students.  I still need the break to rejuvenate and recharge to finish the school year strong.  I don't have many plans.  I just want some time to do the things I like doing - blogging, reading, more reading, maybe a visit to the zoo (Memphis now has dinosaurs!).

3 comments:

  1. I have those "out of sorts" days all.the.time! Yay for Spring Break coming up so you can rejuvenate!

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what Regie Routman says, "I do. We do. We do. We do. You do." Enjoy your week off!

    Tammy
    www.foreverin1st.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all have those kinds of days! Enjoy your spring break!


    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Let's start a conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...